These days, having an online presence is becoming a necessity for Self-Directed IRA investors. Sure, you most likely have an e-mail account and you may be able to text with the best of them. But if you haven’t made the leap to social media/networking venues, there’s no time like the present.
LinkedIn.com – a great business networking website – may be the best place to start. As the website notes on its homepage, “Over 65 million professionals use LinkedIn to exchange information, ideas and opportunities.”
How to Use LinkedIn to Network and Enhance Your Self-Directed IRA Success
- Create A Profile – LinkedIn.com is easy to use and walks you through the steps you need to create your professional profile. Once you make your profile public, individuals, business professionals and investors you know (and don’t know) can quickly look you up and read about you.
- Build Your Network – Use LinkedIn to search for and find people you know (co-workers, business associates, investment partners, acquaintances, etc.). Send each of them an invitation to join your network. Once they accept your invitation, they become a primary or fist-degree contact. You’ll then have the ability to view/access their network of contacts – and even their contacts. What’s more, your primary contacts can introduce you to their contacts.
- Join Some Groups – With LinkedIn, you can join numerous groups that can expand your network even further. There are several self-directed investor groups, professional groups, alumni groups and many more. You can even create your own group.
- Ask For and Make Recommendations – Receiving recommendations helps build your credibility and enhance your reputation. The recommendations are real-world testimonials from others noting your most favorable attributes and accomplishments. Be willing to write recommendations for others as well.
- Use the “Advanced” Feature – The “Advanced” link enables you to find the people you’re looking for by industry, relationship to you, group, company, school and more. You can then contact or get introduced to those individuals through your immediate connections.
Ultimately, LinkedIn helps you stay connected to individuals, investors and timely information that can lead to lucrative opportunities for your Self-Directed IRA, Health Savings Account or Coverdell Education Savings Account. Social networking works. Add it to your “to do” list today.
Want More Information on Self-Directed Investing?
- Check out Equity University educational events, including the 2010 Equity University Networking Conference.
- Speak with an Equity Trust IRA Specialist today at 1-888-382-4727.