I. Your Security
Equity Trust Company is committed to ensuring that our clients receive the highest levels of security, both through our Web site as well as internally within our company. With our privacy statement, we want to assure our clients that we have gone to great lengths to protect their personal information. We pride ourselves on not only outstanding client service but the measures that we take to ensure that we are consistently recognized as a company that takes its clients' privacy very seriously.
II. Informing You About:
- the type of personal information Equity Trust Company collects about you through this Web site
- how that information is collected
- the general purposes for which that information is collected
- what disclosures of information will be made
- how, and to what extent, you can limit those disclosures
Assuring You That:
- reasonable precautions are taken to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosures, alteration or destruction;
- reasonable policies and procedures are in place to insure that your personal information is kept only for the purposes for which it was gathered;
- you have reasonable access to any personal information you provide; and
- there is a procedure for correcting or modifying your personal information, if appropriate.
This Web Site is the responsibility of Equity Trust Company, who can be contacted at: Equity Trust Company 225 Burns Road Elyria, Ohio 44035.
III. Collecting Data
Some information about your IP address, Web browser, and computer system are automatically transmitted to our Web servers as an integral part of the operation of the Internet. Thus, we reserve the right to automatically collect and/or track:
- the home server domain names, e-mail addresses, type of client computer, and type of Web browsers of visitors to our Web site.
- information on what pages of our Web site visitors access.
We will ask you for personal data including, but not limited to, your name, e-mail address, birth date, home address, net worth, income, social security number, trading experience, relationships with Broker/Dealers, risk tolerance, financial references, investment objectives, and occupational/educational background. This personal data will only be collected for our reference and will not be disseminated to third parties, except as provided in Section VI.
Aggregate, Non Personal Data
The company reserves the right to disseminate aggregate data, which is in no way individually identifiable.
IV. Cookie Disclosure Information
V. Use of Personal Data Collected
Personal data we collect will be used to:
- monitor and improve our internal operations
- bill you appropriately for contracted transactions and services
- properly perform the services you request
- editorial and feedback purposes
- marketing and promotional purposes
- customize content and layout of our site
- properly provide the goods you request
- properly respond to your inquiries
- comply with federal and state laws and regulations
- provide general information that may be of interest to you
VI. Disclosure of Data to Third Parties
We will obtain your consent before disclosing personal data to third parties except as provided below.
We reserve the right to disclose personal data in special cases when we believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with our Web site, other users of our Web site, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
We may disclose personal data when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
We may share any personal data necessary to complete your contract for transactions with our vendors who are responsible for handling your account or performing other necessary services you require.
VII. Access To And Ability To Correct Personal Data
You may request, via e-mail or regular mail, that we provide you with a summary of personal information we retain concerning you.
You may request, via e-mail or regular mail, that we modify or remove any personal information we retain concerning you.
VIII. Third Party Links
Our Web site may include links to other Internet Web sites. We encourage our partners, contributors and third parties to implement policies and practices that respect the privacy of visitors to our Web site.
You may occasionally receive cookies from third parties including, but not limited to, advertisers/partners/vendors. We do not control these cookies.