Benefits of Self-Directed IRAs for Your Clients
Self-directed IRAs and Self-directed 401(k) plans allow your clients to take active control of their retirement investments. In addition to tax-free profits, tax deductions, asset protection, and estate planning, your clients are able to make tax-free investments in assets they know and understand.
There are established IRS rules and regulations that govern self-directed IRAs and 401(k)s, including:
- Prohibited transactions and Investments
- Self-dealing and disqualified persons
- A required custodian for self-directed IRAs and 401(k)s
The IRS requires a third-party custodian for self-directed IRAs. Choosing the right custodian – one that's conservative, well-capitalized, and has a long-term view of the industry - is important when making a recommendation to your client.
By working with Equity Trust, you can provide your clients with a fast growing investment strategy to increase their wealth and manage their tax exposure. With nearly 35 years experience in the self-directed IRA industry, you can be confident that you're working with a reputable market leader.
The more you and your clients learn about managing tax exposure through your association with Equity Trust and other members of the Professionals Network, the more business you'll gain through referrals within the network and through satisfied clients who share their experience with other like-minded investors in your community.
Equity Trust manages $3 billion in IRA assets, assisting more than 40,000 clients in securing their financial future. With more than 170 highly skilled and highly trained professionals (each receives 160+ hours of training and continuing education), Equity Trust provides clients with unparalleled personal service and fast, accurate processing.
Equity Trust Benefits include:
- eVANTAGE - The industry’s first online account management system, which allows your clients to manage their account at anytime, from anywhere.
- State-of-the-art Client Service Teams - The team assigned to you and your clients will quickly respond to transaction requests or questions.
- Fast and accurate processing - 99.2% of transactions are reviewed within 24 hours, which makes investing more efficient.
- Competitive fee structure - We charge an annual fee that provides nearly all transaction services (excluding fees for expedited processing requests and international real estate purchase fees), regardless of the number of transactions during the year.
- In-house legal counsel - We make sure that we keep you and your clients aware of current and upcoming industry issues.
- Educational opportunities - Equity Trust offers a wide-range of learning resources for clients including teleseminars, in-person seminars, publications, case studies and other free educational materials.
For more information, see: