- Self-Directed IRAs
- Other Tax-Advantaged Accounts
- Self-Directed Investment Options
- How to Get Started
- The Equity Trust Advantage
- Resources for Individual Investors
- Specialized Custody Solutions
- Custodial Accounts
- Alternative Investments
- Innovation & Technology
- Resources for Investments
- About Us
Two foundational principles of investing with a self-directed IRA pertain to how to pay and manage bills and investment expenses related to your account.
- All expenses related to an investment held in an IRA must be paid directly from the IRA – not by the account owner, a company they own, or other third party.
- The account owner must remain at arm’s-length from their investment and avoid “self-dealing” or co-mingling personal funds with their IRA’s investment.
Fortunately, there’s a fast, easy solution to paying bills and investment expenses related to your self-directed IRA or other retirement account at Equity Trust.
With around-the-clock access from your tablet, computer or mobile device, Equity Trust Company’s online account management system – myEQUITY – makes it easy to:
- Quickly pay contractors, attorneys or other third parties for work related to your investment
- Issue funds for appliances, building materials, supplies and other investment expenses
- Schedule and modify payments for recurring expenses such as property taxes, utility payments, insurance, or payments to a property manager or loan servicer