What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When using this website to research, review your account or effect a transaction, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience. In addition, some information about your IP address, web browser, and computer system are automatically transmitted to our web servers as an integral part of the operation of the internet. Thus, we may collect and/or track your home server domain names and information on what pages of our website visitors access.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you use this website, such as when you review your account, effect a transaction, fill out a form, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, use Live Chat or enter information on the website.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, use our Online Account Management Portal (“Online Portal”) to access account information, or use certain other site features. We will use the information:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of service you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- To follow up after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
We reserve the right to disseminate aggregate data, which is in no way individually identifiable.
How do we protect your information?
Protecting your personal information is of utmost importance to us. Therefore, we have undertaken several actions to protect your information, including, but not limited to the following:
- We have implemented vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to governing standards;
- An external PCI compliant payment gateway handles all credit card transaction;
- We undertake regular Malware Scanning;
- As a customer, your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential;
- All sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via 356-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, which reduces the risk of having your financial information deciphered by any unauthorized users;
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits or accesses their information on our Online Portal to maintain the safety of the user’s personal information; and
- All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you disable cookies on your web browser, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to unaffiliated parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless it is permitted by law and (1) is consistent with our Privacy Notice; (2) to comply with applicable laws; (3) to respond to governmental inquiries or requests; (4) to comply with a valid legal process; (5) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property; (6) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit damages that we may sustain; and (7) to enforce our rights resulting from inappropriate use of our sites. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include links to other third party internet sites. By maintaining a link to these sites, we are not promoting or endorsing these third parties and we are not liable for any failure of products or services offered or advertised on such third party sites.
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place. To opt-out of personalized advertising please visit https://optout.networkadvertising.org/.
Children’s Information Under COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We comply with the practices established under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), which delineates requirements for protecting children’s privacy and safety online. We do not knowingly collect or retain personally identifiable information from children and do not market to children under the age of 13 years old.
CAN SPAM Act: The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions;
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders;
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service; and
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses;
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way;
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters;
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used;
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly;
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at [email protected] or follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
This explains how we collect and use information about you in relation to the Recurring Marketing Text Message Program. We collect information you provide when using the Program, such as but not limited to your name, phone number and email address and your interest in products/services. We use this information to delivery, maintain, and support the Program. We may also use this information to personalize your experience in the Program.
If signing up for text messages as an Equity Trust customer to receive marketing messages, please see our Privacy Notice: https://www.trustetc.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/Equity-Trust-Company-Financial-Privacy-Notice-GLBA-FCRA-12.2022-FINAL.pdf.
Changes to this Online Policy:
We may add to, delete, or change the terms of this policy from time to time by posting a notice of the change at this website. If required by law, we will send you a notice of the change. Your continued use of our website or any website service following notification will constitute your agreement to the revised policy.
1 Equity Way
Westlake, Ohio 44145
Email: [email protected]