- Self-Directed IRAs
- Other Tax-Advantaged Accounts
- Self-Directed Investment Options
- How to Get Started
- The Equity Trust Advantage
- Resources for Individual Investors
- Specialized Custody Solutions
- Custodial Accounts
- Alternative Investments
- Innovation & Technology
- Resources for Investments
- About Us
When you invest in an asset in your self-directed IRA or other account, the asset is owned by your account, not you personally. Because of that, the investment title must be properly worded.
Here are the instructions for the proper titling of your investment when in an Equity Trust self-directed account. Instructions vary based on whether your account is the sole owner of the asset or if there are multiple owners.