Check Before You Invest: Anti-Fraud Campaign
“An informed and skeptical investor is the best defense against fraud,” remarked SEC Chairman Mary Schapiro at the FINRA Investor Education Foundation Conference, November 3, 2011.
Investor fraud is a problem for all Americans and the greatest tool for preventing fraud is education and knowledge.
Equity Trust, in conjunction with the Retirement Industry Trust Association, has compiled governmental and industry resources to help you, the self-directed investor, in making your investment decisions.
Please Note: Outside of FDIC insured investment products, all investments carry risk including loss of principal. No governmental agency or IRA custodian approves or guarantees investments.)
Resources for Investors
Equity Trust Company Scam & Fraud Knowledge Center
- Learn how to identify potential scams and fraudulent investments, perform due diligence on opportunities and report them.
Self-Directed IRA and Investing at Equity Trust FAQs
- Discover answers to the frequent questions we receive about self-directed investing from this comprehensive list.
Check Before You Invest Checklist
- A checklist developed by the Retirement Industry Trust Association (RITA) for self directed investors.
Check Before You Invest Questions
- Questions developed by the Retirement Industry Trust Association (RITA) to help evaluate the soundness, prudence and merit of investments.
Fighting Fraud 101
- A free e-book on fraud prevention from the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).